I was tagged by Debbie Kaufman, Thoughts of a Christian Woman, on the subject of my booklist. I got tagged at a good time, since I have been doing lots of reading lately.
1. One book that changed your life. The Bible, definitely.
2. A book you have read more than once. The Winds of War and War and Remembrance, by Herman Wouk. I’ve got collectors editions of both.
3. One book you would want on a desert island. I’d want the whole encyclopedia.
4. Two books that made you laugh. Thieves in High Places by Jim Hightower, and Stories I Couldn’t Tell While I Was a Pastor by Bruce McIver.
5. One book that made you cry. Dresden, Tuesday February 13, 1945 by Frederick Taylor.
6. One book you wish you’d written. Simple Church by Thom Rainer.
7. One book you wish had never been written. I Was Wrong by Jim Bakker.
8. Two books you are currently reading. Endgame 1945 by David Stafford. Organic Church by Ken Cole.
9. One book you’ve been meaning to read. Dogmatics in Outline by Karl Barth.